Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gothic revival

I feel like a realtor, but really what I am is just selfish and would really like someone who appreciates historic architecture to buy and restore the beautiful homes in my neighborhood.

Take for example, 306 N. Jackson St - going on the market this month.This house is also on the National Historic Register, and was built in the late 1800's. Gothic in style, this bungalow has amazing millwork, and some of the original slate roof. There was an addition to the back of the house sometime in the early 1900's which has allowed for a very large kitchen and 2 extra bedrooms on the 2nd floor - which gives the house around 2400 sqft. The house features a VERY large master suite with full bath, 2 other baths, a garage and a bocce court!
Above is the bocce court in the back yard.

(since it's not on the market yet, you can email me I and can get you in touch w/ the owner if you are interested!)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, ma'am, we will be on the market 1st of the year! The buyer will get a really wonderful home AND some fabulous neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I know this is an old blog, so I don't know if you ever check commments. I would love to hear more about the revitalization of Belleville in 2020, especially the Hexenbukel neighborhood. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete